Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry
Bismarck, Garrison – North Dakota
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the branch of dentistry which deals with the aesthetics of your smile. Traditional dentistry uses materials and techniques that create obvious dental restorations, such as metal amalgam fillings. Cosmetic dentistry allows us to restore your teeth and your smile in a way that looks and feels natural. We use dental materials such as porcelain that matches your tooth enamel and we can make it into virtually any shape.
What does cosmetic dentistry correct?
Cosmetic dentistry can correct virtually any cosmetic problem with your teeth. We offer a diverse range of treatments that can be as simple as whitening your teeth or as complex as replacing a missing tooth. For instance, some of the more common cosmetic dental problems include:
- Discolored teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Missing teeth
- Teeth which are too small or too large
- Gaps between teeth
Is cosmetic dentistry right for me?
As a matter of fact, cosmetic dentistry can restore smiles to many individuals. Additionally, the best way to learn whether or not cosmetic dentistry can solve your personal dental problems is by meeting with one of our Bismarck cosmetic dentists for a personal consultation. During your consultation, we will offer you recommendations on procedures which may be right for you based on your unique oral health needs and cosmetic goals.
A beautiful smile not only helps you make a favorable first impression, but it can boost your self-confidence. If you are unhappy with imperfections in your smile, we can help you correct these issues through a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures.
The following is a list of common cosmetic dental problems which may impact your smile:
- Gaps between teeth – Often, gaps between teeth can be repaired by using tooth bonding to build up the mass of the tooth on either side of the gap and close it.
- Teeth which are too small or too large – Many patients who complain of gaps between their teeth actually have teeth which are too small for their mouth. You may also have teeth which are too large, causing them to overlap or jut out. For teeth which are too small, tooth bonding is often sufficient to build up the size of teeth. If your teeth are too large, our cosmetic dentists may recommend porcelain veneers. Veneers provide you with evenly sized and shaped teeth for a beautiful smile.
- Discolored teeth – Our patients are often happy with their smile with the exception of discoloration. Whether your tooth discoloration is slight or severe, tooth whitening can give your teeth the healthy, bright shine that you desire.
- Crooked teeth – Whether your teeth are crooked because they are the wrong size for your mouth or because they have simply positioned themselves at angles, porcelain veneers can be an ideal solution to your problem. Dr. Terry Deeter also offers orthodontic treatments to correct your crooked teeth.
- Broken or cracked teeth – Tooth breakage is a fairly common occurrence. It is important to repair broken teeth as quickly as possible to prevent accelerated decay and damage to your other teeth and mouth tissue. A tooth crown is an obvious restoration for a broken tooth. It will surround and protect the base of your tooth to keep it healthy and functioning correctly.
- Chipped teeth – We can repair chipped teeth with tooth bonding or through a porcelain dental inlay or onlay. The pre-created piece of porcelain is colored to match the rest of your tooth. It is then applied with a strong dental adhesive to protect your tooth from breaking further.
Can cosmetic dentistry give me a completely new smile?
A smile makeover can create a completely new smile that is individually tailored to suit your facial shape and mouth size. A variety of options are available to you when considering a smile makeover, including tooth size, shape, and color. A smile makeover can include:
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost?
We personalize each procedure we offer to suit your needs, and the cost will vary depending on the procedures performed. In order to ensure your treatment fits into your budget, we offer a variety of financing options to help you receive the cosmetic dentistry procedures you need at a cost you can afford.
Who can perform cosmetic dentistry procedures?
While many dentists claim to offer cosmetic dentistry, only a highly trained cosmetic dentist is qualified to perform such procedures. Cosmetic dentistry is also highly specialized and the quality of a cosmetic dentist’s training will directly affect the outcome of your procedure. Not only have Dr. Terry Deeter and Dr. Matt Deeter all received extensive training in cosmetic dentistry but also they can help you achieve beautiful results for your new smile.
Schedule a Consultation
Please contact our Bismarck cosmetic dentists today to learn more about the cosmetic dentistry procedures that are available at Deeter Dental, serving Bismarck and the surrounding areas of North Dakota. Call our Bismarck office at 701.222.1800 or our Garrison office at 701.463.2884.