Bismarck, Garrison – North Dakota
What is Gum Contouring?
If you have straight, white teeth but feel that your smile shows too much of your gums or if you have an uneven gum line, the Bismarck cosmetic dentists at Deeter Dental can help you correct the issue. Our talented and experienced team offers gum contouring to reshape your gums and highlight your smile.
Importance of Your Gum Line
A crooked gum line or gums which cover up too much of your teeth’s surface can make your smile look lopsided or reserved. Gum contouring removes a portion of your gums to create an even gum line that compliments the size and shape of your teeth. A corrected gum line can make your smile look straighter and can even change others’ perception of you.
Your gum line is so important in the overall aesthetics of your smile that we recommend gum contouring to most of our smile makeover patients.
Gum Contouring Procedure
Deeter Dental uses soft tissue lasers to reshape your gums. We have chosen to use the Odyssey diode laser by Ivoclar due to its consistent, high-quality results. The Odyssey laser is considered a “cool” laser because it does not produce the feeling of heat or scorch the tissues it interacts with.
When you first meet with our dentists, we will discuss the shape, outcome, and expectations of your gum contouring procedure. Then, we will use an anesthetic on your gums and use the laser to gently sculpt and shape your gum line in order to accentuate your smile.
Only patients with healthy gum tissue are good candidates for gum contouring. If your gum tissue is unhealthy, we may recommend that you undergo periodontics treatment before you undergo gum contouring.
Benefits Of Gum Contouring
Patients who go through the gum contouring procedure usually benefit from one of the following:
- Cover unsightly gums or exposed root surfaces
- improve the appearance of teeth that look too long
- Improve their overall gum health
- Help to reduce the risk of root decay
Types Of Gum Contouring Surgery
- Gingival Lift – Also known as a gum lift, this procedure helps to reduce and reshape highly visible gums. Not only does this procedure offer an aesthetic improvement, but it can also correct the issue of a gummy smile.
- Gum Grafting – This procedure helps to protect tooth roots and improve the overall appearance of a patients smile who are self-conscious about receded gums caused by gingivitis.
Schedule a Consultation
Please contact our Bismarck cosmetic dentists today to learn more about gum contouring or to schedule your consultation. We welcome patients from Bismarck, the surrounding areas of North Dakota. Call our Bismarck office at 701.222.1800 or our Garrison office at 701.463.2884.