Smile Makeover in Bismarck & Garrison, ND
Your smile is your image. It is the facial feature that gives others that all-important first impression of who you are. We have learned through multiple studies that the appearance of the smile doesn’t just portray friendliness but also that character traits are perceived through this part of the face. Radiant, straight teeth give the impression of genuine warmth, youthful energy, trustworthiness, success, and more. Maybe your primary interest is to simply like your smile more. We can help you achieve that goal by customizing cosmetic services around your needs.
What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover, sometimes referred to full mouth reconstruction, includes dental treatments that go beyond routine prevention and response to dental problems like cavities and gum disease. This comprehensive and customized protocol is intended for meaningful smile rejuvenation. A smile makeover is uniquely suited to your concerns, objectives, preferences, and your natural facial anatomy and complexion. A smile makeover can achieve dramatic results on a physical and emotional level.
Are you ready to feel great about your smile? Our Bismarck cosmetic dentists are ready to help you.
Who Is a Candidate for a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Adults who are in generally good health may be great candidates for a smile makeover. The common thread among our patients is that each has a strong desire to bring out the best in their teeth. The way this is achieved can vary quite a bit from one person to another. However, the objective and outcome tend to be similar; a more attractive smile and a boost in self-confidence that lasts many years.
Before commencing with cosmetic dental treatment, we conduct a thorough consultation in which we gain a clear understanding of your desired outcome. A comprehensive dental exam including x-rays is performed to ensure that there are no existing dental problems that need to be addressed. Once dental health is confirmed, the fun begins.
Benefits of Smile Makeovers
You may gain a number of benefits by correcting and perfecting your teeth. The benefits of a smile makeover may correlate with the extensiveness of treatment and may include:
- Brighter, younger-looking smile.
- Improved chewing or speaking abilities.
- Boost in oral health.
- Reduced risk of gum disease.
- Significant improvement in self-esteem and confidence.
- Improvement in social and professional relationships.
Techniques Used During Smile Makeover Treatment
When designing your new smile, our cosmetic dentists can help you achieve your desired tooth shape, size, and color. You may choose a tooth shape which is rounder or squarer. When considering color, you should let Dr. Matt, Dr. Terry, or Dr. Lucas know whether you want a more naturally occurring tint to your teeth or a bright, Hollywood white. Even the size of your teeth can give others different impressions of you, as smiles with larger teeth are often perceived as more confident, while smaller teeth often create a more introverted impression.
Most of our smile makeover procedures consist of one or more of the following services:
Teeth whitening treatment has become a customizable treatment thanks to varying strengths of whitening gel. Opalescence® take-home whitening system offers the convenience and gentleness that achieves excellent results even for people with sensitive teeth.
Gum contouring treatment refines the smile by improving proportions between the teeth and the gum line.
Porcelain veneers are highly versatile and ideal for dramatic smile makeovers. Over a few visits, we create a lifelike facade made from ultra-thin dental porcelain and affix the sheath of material to natural enamel. Veneers can recreate the entire smile or disguise a small flaw such as a chip or odd shape.
Tooth bonding is a type of direct veneer that can be completed in a single visit. This aspect of a smile makeover can immediately restore shape or appearance to a tooth through the application of a composite material that matches the color of the surrounding enamel.
Full Mouth Reconstruction Process At Deeter Dental
We enjoy walking patients through the process to a better smile. Vital aspects of a smile makeover include:
- Taking a close look at your smile. What do you like? What would you like to improve? The evaluation for a smile makeover looks at every detail; the color, shape, size, and position of teeth and more. During the smile design process, we remember that no smile is a perfect smile. Some people want their teeth to be completely uniform and radiant. Others like the general appearance of their smile and are interested in a subtle transformation. This is what’s fun about a smile makeover; it’s all about you.
- A comprehensive dental exam is conducted as a starting point for treatment planning. In the absence of dental problems, we may suggest a thorough cleaning to prepare teeth for their cosmetic treatment. The course of treatment developed is discussed and any questions you have will be answered. As needed, financing options can be reviewed.
- Cosmetic treatments are scheduled based on the process discussed. If teeth whitening is part of the overall plan, this may occur first. If porcelain veneers are an aspect of treatment, teeth will be prepared and impressions will be taken to guide the creation of the new fixtures. We value our relationship with each patient and commit to ensuring consistent communication throughout the process so you know the steps that are ahead from the beginning to the end of your makeover.
- Many of the goals of a smile makeover can be achieved within a few weeks. When the final touches are complete, we discuss how to care for your teeth based on the treatments that were involved in the process.
What Our Patient’s Say
“I have been seeing Lucas Deeter for several years, and his genuine concern as well as gentle touch should eliminate dental fears for anyone. The Dental Hygienists are also very gentle as well as professional. All the staff use the latest dental technologies available for quality results.” – Paul J.
How long will my smile makeover take?
During your consultation, we provide details for each recommended treatment, including the expected timeframe for completion. For example, teeth whitening can take from one week to three weeks to reach the desired outcome. Tooth bonding is completed in just one visit. The porcelain veneer process takes two visits over the course of about two weeks.
Smile Makeover Results
We enjoy seeing the results of smile makeover treatments. Services can result in a brighter, younger-looking smile, straighter teeth, attractive proportions, and a smile that exudes the confidence you want to feel.
How can I maintain my results?
Maintaining the results of a smile makeover is as easy as taking good care of your teeth. Patients are encouraged to brush twice a day and floss daily. Routine dental checkups and cleanings are also supportive of lasting results.
Financing Your Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Because a smile makeover often consists of several cosmetic dentistry procedures, many patients ask about financing options to allow them to undergo all the procedures at once. Deeter Dental offers several affordability options to help you receive the procedures you want immediately.
Schedule a Consultation
We invite you to learn more about your smile makeover today by scheduling your consultation with Deeter Dental. Please contact our Bismarck cosmetic dentists today, serving patients throughout Bismarck, and the surrounding areas of North Dakota. Call our Bismarck office at 701.222.1800 or our Garrison office at 701.463.2884.