Permanently replace missing teeth with dental implants
- Posted on: Mar 30 2020
Garrison, ND area patients dealing with tooth loss from disease, decay, or trauma are encouraged to speak to the team at Deeter Dental to learn more about their tooth replacement options. Our dentists believe that for many individuals, the placement of dental implants can change their lives—and improve the function and beauty of the smile at the same time!
What is a dental implant?
Our team describes the dental implant as a restoration that is surgically inserted into the jaw bone. It stimulates bone production without the need for bone grafting, ensuring the titanium post is solid within its foundation. Dental implants are the “gold standard” in tooth replacement, as these restorations have a myriad of benefits for our patients to consider. Dental implants:
- Improve the ability for patients to chew and speak – while removable dentures have a tendency to slide and fall out of place when eating and speaking, dental implants will not. Because these restorations are placed into the bone of the jaw, they are solid and stable. Patients can eat and speak more comfortably with dental implants.
- Maintain the integrity of surrounding teeth – restorations such as dental bridges require patients to remove natural enamel from the adjacent teeth for support. This impacts teeth that may otherwise be healthy and strong. A dental implant is a stand-alone restoration that will not affect the remaining teeth.
- Are durable – since implants are made of strong and biocompatible materials such as titanium, they are extremely durable. Additionally, these restorations can last a lifetime when patients take great care in attending to the health of their smile each and every day.
- Are convenient – dental implants are fused with the natural bone to hold them in place, and they do not need to be removed, adjusted, or replaced with proper care. Patients can go about their day without interruption, and not have to worry about a loose or ill-fitted appliance
- Are highly successful – when the placement of a dental implant is performed by a specialist, the dental implant procedure itself can be highly successful. Patients need to be evaluated by a dentist to determine if they are a good candidate. This ensures a high success rate for placement and maintenance.
Call Deeter Dental today
If you reside in or around the area of Garrison, ND and are seeking a dental staff that can focus on your restorative needs, call our practice at (701) 463-2884. We also offer a second office location in Bismarck, ND and can service new patients at either practice.
Posted in: Dental Implants